I enjoy writing guest blog posts, magazine articles, short stories, jewelry how-to instructions... and books, of course! If you're a publisher looking for an experienced writer and editor for a project, I'd love to hear from you.
Unexpected Findings Book
Unexpected Findings: 50+ Clever Jewelry Designs Using Everyday Components (Interweave, 2014) is my first jewelry making book. It gives step-by-step instructions on how to create jewelry using traditional jewelry findings in new and unusual ways. There's a wide variety of jewelry styles included with designs from me and 10 other jewelry designers.
Jewelry Collections and Ebooks
My jewelry how-to projects have been included in a number of compilations:
- Best of Stringing: Lampwork
- Best of Stringing: Pearls
- Best of Stringing: Stones (My necklace is on the cover!)
- Handcrafted Jewelry Findings Collection
- Jewelry Stringing Presents: 20 Projects to Make Under $20
- Knotted Jewelry Make It! Wear It! Love It!
- Quick & Easy Gifts for the Holidays
- Upcycled Jewelry: 8 DIY Jewelry Projects from Recycled Materials
In addition to writing my own book, I've edited several jewelry making books including:
- Mastering Peyote Stitch by Melinda Barta
- Mastering Herringbone Stitch by Melinda Barta
- Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry by Lorelei Eurto and Erin Siegel
- Bead Metamorphosis by Lisa Kan
- Explorations in Beadweaving by Kelly Angeley
- Fine Art Wire Weaving by Sarah Thompson
I've also served as a technical reviewer (in a blind review situation) for several other jewelry making books.
Essay, Fiction, and Nonfiction Anthologies
My creative nonfiction, essays, academic studies, and short fiction have appeared in various anthologies and collections, including: Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Power of Gratitude, Chicken Soup for the Coffee Lover's Soul, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings, Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul, Chicken Soup for the Soul: What I Learned from the Cat, Classic Christmas, A Cup of Comfort for Christians, KnitLit the Third, Press Pause Moments, Simple Pleasures of Friendship, For the Love of Teachers, A Day in the Life: Career Options in Library and Information Science, The Successful Academic Librarian, and Manhattan Mysteries (KS Publishing).